Tuesday 8 July 2014

US693 HNL2215-PHX0730

I turned up at the airport way too early, I couldn't self-check in as 'there are greater than 3 segments in your itinerary' so I had to wait until the US Airways folks pitched up to check me in manually.  There are no food and drink outlets, apart from a Starbucks, landside.  All the food and drink is airside.  I amused myself by trying to check in with a human at American, suggesting that they were all one company.  'Not until March next year' was the response and I was sent away to observe some cross people trying to get the US Airways desk staff to come out of the office early.




They were fighting off a few people slightly fed up that the other Phoenix flight had been cancelled, thank goodness mine was operating.  The lounge was ok.  T5 Galleries still the best (well apart from the Concorde Lounge in T5 of course).

Little to report from the flight, I vaguely remember taxying but seemed to fall asleep vertically, awaking in time for a strange breakfast and 2 glasses of wine.  

This flight is notable only because I asked hostie to snag my seat as 2A squeaked every time I moved, keeping, presumably, others around me awake.  And as I'd read somewhere, the 757 seats feel like they've shined with some slippery polish that means that gravity tries to make you slip forward.  So to those who have trouble sleeping in them, I understand why.

No comments:

Post a Comment