Wednesday 9 July 2014

BA8455 LCY1530-AMS1730


Excel in the background

The next flight is an Embraer 170 and it was almost full although I had a spare seat next to me.  No, there wasn't a smellometer operating and yes I only took 2 pairs of underwear and socks on the trip but in my defence I did buy 2 new shirts and was wearing trunks, shorts, whatever they are called, in Hawaii.  And I have had 3 showers in between Honolulu and here.



The food was the nicest of the whole trip.  It was a bit like a BA cream tea combined with a main and proper lettuce.  Do things like lettuce actually grow in the US or, because there's no way of modifying it, wrapping it or processing it to 'add value' is it just too simple to be sold or put on a plane?




The weather in AMS is grey and overcast so that's my excuse to stay airside and check that I can just arrive into the terminal on my flight from City and wander around for a couple of hours watching excited cloggie World Cup fans (it's Semi Final tonight) in the bars before going to the gate for my Heathrow flight.

I can't see why a same plane turnround wouldn't work, but after my Brussels experience I don't think I'll risk it myself in case there's ticketing issues.  Fine if you already have a boarding pass....just that most of the time I couldn't get more than one.

I have felt so much worse after normal trips, never mind 3 long haul sectors, 6 hours in the East End then a short haul.  But I'm not home yet...let's see how the M3 goes later.

I have one more episode of series 9 of '24' to watch, I've quite enjoyed it as it's based in London this series.  My New York taxi companion earlier suggested that 'The Fall' is good.

Tot seens as they say...

No comments:

Post a Comment