Friday 4 July 2014

Brussels

Thinking that I have a few hours here in Brussels, I decided to immigrate rather than just go upstairs to the gate, as I was expecting some drama with checking in for the first sector back to Heathrow.

The BA check in girl ummed and aaahed and then handed me a boarding pass for the first sector back to Heathrow on BA393, suggesting that I get the inter-terminal transfer bus to T3 as I arrive at T5.  I pointed out that I was flying out of London City and asked for my other boarding passes, she said, sorry, get them at London City, you have duplicate reservations in the system and it's a bit complicated.  I asked if she could remove one, she said no.

Off to security, no worse than usual; I put the paper through the scanner with my other stuff and was treated to a hand search.  This was fine, more worrying was my passport and boarding pass somehow got caught in the scanner mechanism and required retrieval.



The BA lounge is ok, it's empty, presumably midweek in summer is quiet for Euro people. 





There's a 'Diamond' lounge across the way which seems to be much the same and Priority Pass folks can get in there.

Pondering the double reservations and having checked, they both seem to have my BA number in, so I'm wondering if I get double miles/tier points.

Anyway, time for breakfast number 3 (only joking)....

1 comment:

  1. Metty

    Looking suitably complicated for the so called easy bit. What no Champagne with Breakfast!!
    Good luck with the newspapers and JFK security.

    ReplyDelete