Sunday 6 July 2014

US679 JFK1045-PHX1232



A full A321 for the trip to Phoenix.  First Class on US Airways is brilliant for the 210 Tier Points but nothing like the lie flat pampering of Club World on BA or the even better (I think) American business class product on the new Boeing 777s and A321s (140 Tier Points).  Rosie the charming, experienced hostie in charge of the First cabin introduced herself the old fashioned way, no PA, just talking to all of us at once.  Very quaint.

We have wifi at a cost, worthwhile as I could do domestic stuff, ebay etc, that never seems to get done at home.  I must type up my Tesco Clubcard accounts into an Excel spreadsheet on the next sector so I can dispose of the list in case I get snagged on the way home!!  

The food and drink - everyone is drinking quite a lot, far more than me and my 2 cans of Sam Adams - is good, even if they made a drama out of choosing your choice of chicken or pasta main meal.  Starting from the back then working forward on westbound services which is row 4, there's only 16 First Class seats, but even so row 1 had no choice.  In the end, the chicken looked like this (beef)



The in flight wifi worked perfectly, so I caught up on various things, resolving issues with ebay buyers via chat sessions and watching our progress on FlightRadar24.





All things considered, a reasonably pleasant flight and we arrived in Phoenix a little early.



No comments:

Post a Comment