Saturday 5 July 2014

Admirals Club near gate 40 at JFK

In the aftermath of Hurricane Arthur it's a beautiful blue sky and cool (NY standards) summer day.


The Days Inn bus, which collects from the Hotel Shuttle stop on the AirTrain actually drops you at the correct terminal.  In my case, Terminal 8.  

Security is fairly quiet and I pottered to the Admirals Club lounge to see what I need to produce to get in.  I'm not sure whether a First Class ticket is enough....apparently not...nor is BA Bronze, or Priority Pass, but Cathay Gold did the trick.  Natalie suggested that I went to the other Admirals Club closer to the gate, gave me two drinks vouchers and smiled.  I then asked why New Yorkers seemed so happy today - I've been smiled at, called 'hun', 'darling' and 'sweetie' already - she seemed to think this was very funny and said she was happy because she's off home in 20 minutes.


The lounge is almost deserted, a few plastic pastries and juice available and there's free wifi.




Please, Europe, do not start shrink-wrapping apples!  I expect they've already been sprayed with pesticides too...


No comments:

Post a Comment