Tuesday 8 July 2014

BA4 JFK2145-LCY1000

Well no trouble having a human check me in at JFK.  Having googled people being secondarily inspected, I am curious to see whether the code letters on my boarding pass are going to lead to an invitation upon leaving the country.  I won't upload a pic here as NASA870 the Predator drone may get excited, assuming that it's still got eyes on me.



No it's not Grandma's living room, it's where I've taken up residence in the BA lounge at JFK.  It seems very busy, but as the 747s start departing for LHR I guess it'll thin out.  



It has thinned out, been for a nice shower.  

Reflections so far

I love the Pacific Islands, understand completely why some friends go to Raro for their winters, not that I've been, yet.  

Why don't Americans let people in from side roads when driving?  Bit like mainland Europeans and queueing....it just doesn't feature in the thinking?  Or are we just brought up to be deferential and humble and giving and helpful?

Fuel at $4.35 in Hawaii....no wonder they drive small cars...

Wifi everywhere with no stupid catch you then spam you clauses...

Nobody engaged me in elongated chat on planes, unwillingly at least.  Maybe it's just that in the pointy end you're not in someone else's personal space.  Or maybe I looked unfriendly

The people side of US Airways service was great.  Sam Adams cans are nice.  757s First Class seats are poor.

I know this is an indulgence that's cost me my West Ham season ticket and a bit more, but it's actually not too difficult.  Everything has worked in the end, if a little stressful at times.  And as travel is exciting, if I'm with someone else, I naturally drink too much.  Not drinking makes it *much* easier.

Nobody has said 'have a nice day!' and even the New Yorkers were lovely.  Hallelujah, sincerity.


Selfie on the A318, another free seat next to me, so I won't be waking anyone with my snoring!  Food wasn't very exciting, I'll spare you another meal photo, I guess the idea is to eat in the lounge before departure.

Only 16ish passengers tonight and a quick trip home 6hr 8min


Taxying in at City, my mate Dorian in the TWR.  Our early arrival had 'caught them out' according to a PA from Capt Speaking....not sure what he expects anyone to do, there's only so many stands here and they are all full....there was a plan to tow us along the taxiway and wait as our tail was hanging over the runway....but we parked within a few minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment