Thursday 3 July 2014

Duplicate PNRs in ba.com


It looks like I'll be getting as far as Brussels, all checked in for the 'positioning leg' to get me to the start of the official run.  Checking in to come back again from Brussels is a no-no; there's a clone of my booking with a new PNR appearing in ba.com.

I rang to ask for help and was told that one of the PNRs is a phantom one and the other is the real one.  Unfortunately, the real one doesn't recognise my BA Bronze status and seems to have dropped all my seat reservations to boot.



The helpful, but not surprisingly confused call centre person said that the reason that I can't check in is that my ticket has 9 sectors on it and my ba.com booking only has 7.  So it's never going to let me do that, apparently.

So it's a good job I'm not doing a same aircraft turnround in Brussels, I need to go to the terminal and check in there (assuming there is nobody at the gate when we arrive who can do so, save me the exercise and another queue at security).  

A 'tricky' booking for someone to resolve at checkin, security issues and a single traveller with hand luggage on a circuitous routing who is going to spend 48 hours in Hawaii during a major naval exercise.  Hmmmm.....cross fingers!


No comments:

Post a Comment