Friday 27 June 2014

Itinerary......



Mrs Metty was not entirely comfortable with my cheaper suggestion of a 5 night stay in HNL to avail of a cheaper fare.  To be honest, as I'm travelling solo, to stay in a hotel an extra 3 nights would have cost as much anyway, so 2 nights in HNL it is.

1 night seemed too short and although ITA and the associated fare rule suggested it would work for the same fare, aa.com didn't agree.   Interestingly, ITA wouldn't show a via PHX routing whatever I fiddled with in the search box despite a fair few hours playing with it, but aa.com did.





A cheaper option would have been ex-LUX on 4-Jul returning to BRU, but the positioning flights to and from made up my mind. To get to LUX meant a night stop or same aircraft turnround, which I'm not quite brave enough to do, especially as I seem to be getting more attention from immigration of various countries these days, worst of which was the UK at Heathrow on return from Bangalore recently who seemed very interested in my passport before graciously releasing me into my homeland.  

Return from BRU would mean easyJet as the BA flights home were extremely expensive and not available on Avios, so I thought I'd book outward from Heathrow on BA to BRU on the first flight of the day, see if I am offered a ProActiveUpGrade (I was) and decide what to do about the return from AMS later.  

AMS means hanging around LCY for a bit on the way home but there's lots of options home from there (e.g. flybe to Southampton) but having scored a POUG on the LHR-BRU sector I booked AMS-LHR and haven't been offered one, yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment