Friday 4 July 2014

Tube and DLR to City


Immigration at T5 was great.  No queue.  So off on the tube towards London CIty




Arriving in good time at City, it's time to check in for the next leg.  'You're not in the system' was not what I wanted to hear, although not entirely surprising perhaps. 

It seems that having duplicate PNRs in the system - but only one ticket - caused a 'no show' on one of the PNRs which then cancelled the rest of the reservation, hence no sign of me on the list for BA3.  The suggestion was that I call American Airlines (as I made the booking through them) but I didn't think that was my job, especially as BA yesterday assured me that all was fine and one of the PNRs was a dummy anyway.  

Eventually, the BA ticket desk folks gave up and just put me on the flight.  It looked like the next legs on US Airways were still in the system....but I'm wondering about getting home, assuming I get that far as last minute reservation changes caused me to spend some time with the nice US Immigration folks a few years ago.

But for now, it's sorted.  Advice to anyone else, if you see duplicate PNRs in Manage My Booking, try and sort it before departure!

1 comment:

  1. came here via Head for Points

    i have a "dummy" PNR' for my run and have tried to sort it over the phone, only to be told - "hmm, don't worry, just ignore them" - bells were ringing in my head at the end of the call - so i'll definitely be ringing them back

    ReplyDelete